Saturday, May 24, 2014

Red Window Boxes

Notice anything different about my house?


I know, a giant bee attack is big news. But even more shocking, I finally got my window boxes in...


I am in love with the red Adirondack chairs in our front yard, so I went for a red theme in the boxes this year to match.


I know nothing about window boxes, so I am lucky that my mother is helping me. The scarlet begonias are a gift from her - one day I just showed up at home and there was a flat of begonias on my front porch. It's nice to have a nice mom.

I also put in Red Hot Sallys and a silver lamium for filler. The tag for the Sallys says that they attract hummingbirds. I will be over the moon if we get any!  


The window boxes are certainly making the house feel more summer-ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment