Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Summer of Shish Kabobs

I wrote about how Geoff got a new grill and I've been trying to think of ways we can use it more...

I've decided to declare this the summer of shish kabobs. If I can skewer it, we're going to eat it.

First up, Hawaiian style.



1 part pineapple
1 part ham

I L-O-V-E grilled pineapple. I usually buy it pre-cored, because I make a huge juicy mess out of my counter every time I try to cut a whole pineapple.

The ham on this kabob is Kretschmar Ham Off the Bone, which is definitely available at the Jewel (and probably lots of other delis too). Since deli ham is already cooked, you are really just quickly searing the whole operation on the grill for a matter of minutes.

p.s. If you have suggestions or want to share your favorite kebob combos please email me at northshoreamour@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment